Most people who snore do not even realize they do. In fact, you might never know about your snoring until another person complains. Snoring is not only embarrassing but can indicate more serious underlying problems. Here’s some advice to help stop your snoring.
6 Easy Tips to help your loud snoring
- Drink lots of water to help stop snoring. If you get dehydrated, the secretions that are in your nasal pathways will get sticky and thick and will cause them to clog up your airways easily, which leads to snoring.
- Don’t eat a lot right before bed if you want to stop snoring. A full stomach will put pressure on your diaphragm. This will reduce your breathing capacity and increase your snoring. Avoid this by staying away from food in the hours immediately before your bedtime.
- Do not drink alcohol in the three hours before bed if you want to avoid loud snoring. Eating too heavy a meal and drinking alcohol will relax throat muscles.
- You can cut back on the amount of loud snoring you do by giving up smoking. Ensure that you at least don’t smoke within two hours of bedtime.
- Getting adequate sleep can reduce snoring. However, it’s more than how long you sleep, it’s also being on a good sleep schedule. Go to sleep and wake up on the same schedule every day of the week.
- Install a humidifier in your bedroom to help cure snoring. By increasing the moisture to the throat and lungs with a humidifier, your air passages will clear up and allow for easier breathing.
If you have snoring issues, look at your medications to see if they might be the cause. It is common for various drugs to dry out the membranes in nasal passages, which can in turn restrict the flow of air. Other medicines can have a sedative effect that make your throat muscles relax so much that you cannot get enough air when you sleep.
Certain exercises may help eliminate snoring. Strengthen muscles in your throat by doing exercises daily for up to 30 minutes. Try making exaggerated vowel sounds with a curled tongue, this can help to strengthen respiratory muscles, often leading to reduced instances of snoring.
A “fish face” might get rid of snoring. This sounds very odd when you first hear it, but it makes more sense once you learn that it makes your face and throat muscles stronger. Simply close your mouth and suck your cheeks in. Moving you lips in a fish-like movement will give the right muscles a workout. It is recommended to do this several times a day.
Pregnancy and Snoring
If you suddenly develop a snoring problem while pregnant, speak with your doctor. Between hormones and weight gain while being pregnant, this may cause a relaxation of your muscles, especially in your airways. This can result in snoring, which can reduce the amount of oxygen going to the fetus.
You can stop snoring by simply changing the position in which you sleep. The majority of snoring takes place when people sleep on their backs. The muscles and tissue in their throats, relax and fall. Side sleeping stops this from happening as it keeps your neck in a position which keeps your throat open.
Tip: If you are bothered by snoring, you might find the solution through a visit to your dentist. He can make you a mouth-guard from a customer mold of your own mouth.
Try the advice outlined in this article to help stop your loud snoring as quickly as possible.